REGULATIONS OF THE REGIONAL FORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE EAO REGION
IT zip EN zip
1. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COMMISSION
Acting upon the proposal of the General Councillor for Formation, the Regional Formation Commission for the East-Asia Oceania Region was set up during the meeting of the Provincial Formation Delegates on 16th November 2008. It was subsequently approved by the Provincials of the Region on 17th February 2009.
2. AIMS OF THE COMMISSION
The Regional Formation Commission is concerned with reflecting on, coordinating and animating the work of formation in the Region. It has the following aims:
- to reflect on the challenges arising out of the formation situation in the Region in the light of experience and the guidelines of the Church and the Congregation;
- to study the reality of inculturation of formation in the Region;
- to plan common formation initiatives in the Region, proposing priorities to the Provincials and the steps to implement them;
- to promote the formation of the Provincial Formation Delegates in their role of animation of the Provinces;
- to take particular care of the formation of formation guides;
- to foster regional coordination and interprovincial collaboration;
- to adhere to the common path followed by the whole Congregation in the matter of formation and to maintain relations with the Formation Department.
3. STRUCTURE OF THE COMMISSION
In pursuit of these aims, the Regional Formation Commission operates in conjunction with the Provincials and the Formation Department.
The Commission is made up of the following members:
- the Regional Formation Coordinator;
- the Provincial Formation Delegates of the Region;
- one or more Salesian Brothers, nominated by the Provincials for a period of three years following a proposal of the Regional Commission, and with the possibility of being nominated again;
- one of the collaborators from the Formation Department of the Congregation.
The Regional Formation Coordinator is also the Director of the Regional Formation Centre.
4. THE COORDINATOR OF THE COMMISSION
The Regional Formation Coordinator is nominated by the Provincials following a proposal of the Regional Formation Commission. He exercises the following functions:
- he coordinates the Regional Formation Commission;
- he keeps in touch with the Provincial Formation Delegates;
- he forms part of the Formation Department, with whom he collaborates;
- he convokes the annual meeting of the Commission and organizes it with the help of the Formation Delegate of the Province in which it is being held;
- he prepares the agenda for the annual meeting after consulting the Delegates, the Provincials and the Formation Department;
- he presents for approval to the Provincials during their annual meeting the proposals drawn up by the Commission and informs the members of the decisions taken;
- he keeps the archives of the Commission and draws up the statistics of the Region.
5. THE FUNCTIONING OF THE COMMISSION
The Regional Formation Commission:
- ordinarily meets once a year at a place and date proposed by the Commission;
- draws up a three-year plan of work, paying particular attention to formation criteria and practical issues, presents it to the Provincials for their approval and evaluates it each year in the course of its annual meeting;
- works as a team, promoting collaboration and mutual help among the Provinces;
- maintains a network for animation, collaboration and an exchange of formation experiences making use of continual communication via E-mail and the Internet;
- networks with the Regional Formation Centre (if there is one) and with the Regional Youth Pastoral Coordinator;
- invites other Salesians and lay people to the annual meeting, should a particular consultation be necessary.
6. REVISION OF THE REGULATIONS
When the Commission considers it opportune, it may revise these Regulations and submit them to the Provincials for approval.
Place and date: Hua Hin, Thailand - 17 February 2009