The ACSSA was erected by decree of the Rector Major on 9 October 1996 and gathers history buffs engaged in research activities of Salesian interest. Its specific identity and nature is specified in the statute; it is governed by a presidency to which the director of the ISS belongs.
According to its charter, the ACSSA plans and implements its plans in close collaboration with the ISS.
IV International Meeting of History of the Salesian Work: "Salesian Education from 1880 to 1922.
Appeals and achievements in different contexts "- organized by ACSSA with ISS in Ciudad del Mexico, 12-18 February 2006
The purpose of the Association of Salesian History Cultors (ACSSA) is to promote studies on Salesian history, fostering research, updating and collaboration among members, animating the Salesian Family in terms of historiography, spreading knowledge about Don Bosco and the Congregations, Associations, Groups that originated from him, in dialogue with similar civil and religious institutions.
The ACSSA achieves its goals through:
The ACCSA was erected by decree of the Salesian Rector Major on 9 October 1996. It is based in Rome, at the Salesian General House, in Via della Pisana 1111.
The ACSSA's bond with the Salesian Family is ensured by the Rector Major through his delegate.
In the planning and implementation of the initiatives, pursuant to art. 2, proceeds by common agreement with the Salesian Historical Institute.
1. Members of the ACSSA are those who, qualified in historical sciences or otherwise operating at various levels of research, study and Salesian interest, request it and be accepted by the Presidency.
2. Members are required to collaborate with the Presidency at least by sending Salesian information and documentation.
1. The ACSSA is governed by the Presidency, composed of the President, the Secretary-Treasurer, six members and the director of the Salesian Historical Institute.
2. Except for the latter, all the members of the Presidency are elected by the Assembly of members on the occasion of the five-year convention (referred to in Article 2) without specification of roles, which are assigned by election within the Presidency itself and approved by the Rector Major.
3. The tasks of the Presidency are the coordination of the Association's activities, the admission of members, the solution of doubtful cases of application of the Regulation, the examination of financial statements, the promotion and / or sponsorship of local initiatives.
4. The members of the Presidency remain in office for five years from the election and can be confirmed.
1. The economic management of the ACSSA, entrusted to the Treasurer under the responsibility of the President, is conducted in agreement with the delegate of the Rector Major.
2. The annual fee is set in euros and dollars.
The annual Information Bulletin, sent by the Secretary to the members in good standing with the payment, will ensure the necessary connection with the Presidency and among the members of the ACSSA.
Any change to the present Statute must be proposed by the Presidency, accepted by the General Assembly and approved by the Rector Major.
This statute was approved by the Rector Major of the Salesians on 2 March 2006.
Historical Background - On the initiative of the first president of ACSSA Fr. Ramón Alberdi, the Spanish Members of the Association met on May 31, 1997 to form an informal group of the Spanish ACSSA Section. After a trial period he asked himself, by sr. María Fe Núñez, at the time president of the ACSSA, an official approval with a writing of September 29, 2002. The official foundation of the Spanish Section was recognized by the Presidency of the ACSSA by decree of May 31, 2004. And June 30, 2007, the same authority, following a request presented by Don Graciliano González, approved the Regulations of the Spanish Section.
The Polish section (Polska Sekcja Stowarzyszenia Historyków Salezjañskich) was established in Warsaw on 6 June 1998 with the following offices: president: prof. Stanislaw Wilk, secretary: dr Jan Pietrzykowski [tel. 0048 22 8186551, ul. Kaweczynka 53 03-775 Warsawa], deputy secretary: dr Marek Chmielewski. The headquarters is Lublin; the protection of the Association was entrusted to the Provincial of Warsaw.