The Salesian House in Scutari was canonically erected in 1994 (10 October). Three years later, 2 April 1997, the novitiate was also canonically erected.
The Scutari community has the following works:
1. Aspirants and pre-novices. from the beginning of our presence in Scutari we have had a concern for vocations. currently we have 18 candidates. In these 12 years the Salesians have been in Scutari 8 young Albanians have entered the Salesian Congregation - 7 have already taken vows (two perpetual, and 5 temporary) and there is one in the novitiate.
2. Oratory and Youth Centre open to all youngsters, without distinction of culture, religion, social class. around 200 attend the Oratory and about a hundred older youth find there a suitable locale for developing their human, religious, sporting and cultural activities and growth.
3. Catechetics Institute with a catechetics school, founded 1992 - aimed at:
a. printing books, especially for young people, and catechisms…
b. preparing catechists.
4. Techncial courses: opened at the beginning of 1999 - preparing youngsters for work, such as in hydraulics, electricity, computers and foreign lagnauges… (numbering around 200 students per year).
5. Church of Saint John Bosco: consecrated and opened on 8 February 2003, in the presence of the Rector Major Fr Pascual Chavez. Oratorians, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians with their students, aspirants, other young peopel and adults near us come to Mass and other religious services there…
6. Paish at Berdica: with 3,500 faithful. Entrusted to the Salesian Congregation from 1998.
7. Personnel: Currently 6 confreres of various nationalities make up the community.