|Project:||Salesian Central Library|
|Date:||From Don Bosco's time|
|Place:||General Direction, Roma|
a) The BCS came about originally through collecting books used by Don Bosco and the early Salesians, and was gradually enriched with everything that could possibly be useful in the Congregation for formation and mission.
• The history section which includes:
• The Salesianity section, relating to publications regarding Don Bosco (books by Don Bosco and about Don Bosco): the Salesian Congregation, Salesian Works, Salesian authors, Salesian publishers
• The Ongoing Formation section with general works on:
RESEARCH: LINK TO UPS LIBRARY
• The BCS is networked with the UPS (Università Pontificia Salesiana) Library. This in turn is connected to the URBE (Unione Romana Biblioteche Ecclesiastiche) library network.
• Each of these libraries can be consulted via internet with direct access to each library and through them to others.
CLASSIFICATION AND CATALOGUING
• Books have a Dewey classification, adapted to the Salesian section according to need.
•Cataloguing is achieved through a software known as Amicus; an up-to-date integrated library system, built to respond to the needs of single and networked libraries.
•The cataloguing standards in force allow for the overall management of all kinds of document (moderna nd ancient books, periodicals, audiovisuals, graphics, music, sound recordings, cartography, multimedia…)
Direzione Generale Opera Don Bosco
Via della Pisana, 1111
Casella Postale 18333
00163 Roma - Bravetta
|Tel:||(0039) 06/65. 61. 27.47 (indicare V. Persico)|
|Fax:||(0039) 06/65. 61. 27.47 (indicare V. Persico)|