|Date:||since 6 october 1963|
|Place:||Loreto (An), Italy|
House of Spirituality of retreats – conventions – youth group meetings – others.
Salesians began in Loreto way back in 1891 opening the Our Lady of Loreto College (5th Class primary then 5 secondary levels).
It was a school that gained much prestige until its closure in 1910. The Salesian Oratory remained open until 1924.
From 1949 to 1965 the “Illirico” Salesian school in piazza della Madonna was functioning. It was an aspirantate for the Adriatic Province but Loreto youngsters also attended as day students. The“Santa Casa” Salesian Oratory was also looked up to.
In 1962 with generous help from the then Rector Major Fr Ziggiotti, the Montereale property was acquired from the Monfort Fathers along with the building and spacious grounds.
On 6 October 1963 the current Salesian location began its work as a Retreat House, along with other gatherings, in one of the most panoramic locations in Loreto.
The intense green of the natural surroundings, and the added works of art create a special atmosphere, contemplation of beauty and a constnat invitation to see God's creation in all his creatures.
Loreto: the House located on a hill with a view on the outskirts of Loreto:
|Address:|| Via San Giovanni Bosco, 7
60025 Loreto (An)