SF Group "The Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth"
SOCIETY OF ST FRANCIS DE SALES
Via della Pisana 1111 - 00163 Rome The Rector Major
THE RECTOR MAJOR OF THE SOCIETY OF ST FRANCIS DE SALES "Salesian Society of St John Bosco"
- accepting the request of Mrs Silvia Ourthe Cabalé, Nazarene Moderator of the "Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth" with her Council, accompanied by the positive opinion expressed by the Archbishop of Montevideo, Card. Daniel Sturla and other Bishops, as well as the Salesian Provincial of Uruguay and other Provincials where the Fraternity is present.;
- considering the history of this Fraternity, founded by Bishop Nicolas Cotugno, Archbishop Emeritus of Montevideo, which has spread to various dioceses and countries, maintaining a constant spiritual and apostolic relationship with the Salesians of Don Bosco;
- noting that the Fraternity responds to the criteria of belonging to the Salesian Family of Don Bosco as expressed in the "Charter of Charismatic Identity", as an ecclesial movement of spirituality inspired by the contemplative experience of Don Bosco, underlines the dimension of union with God in the life of all the baptized, in conformity with its charism and mission which is specifically educational and pastoral, expressed in the Statutes.;
- sharing what the Rector Major, my predecessor, Fr Egidio Viganò, wrote: "Veo con admiración que Maria de Nazaret representa para vosotros el gran modelo de contemplación: es la interioridad de la "Auxiliadora" en casa, con santa Isabel, en Egipto, en Palestina, a los pies de la Cruz, en Pentecostés y basta en el cielo después de su asunción" (Desde Roma, el 11 de junio de 1985);
- considering also the ecclesial recognition of the Fraternity itself, of its Statutes, as a private association of the faithful, by the Archbishop of Montevideo, Archbishop Giuseppe Gottardi, which took place on May 3, 1993;
- after having consulted the salesian General Council at its meeting on 11 July 2016;
the aggregation of the "CONTEMPLATIVE FRATERNITY OF MARY OF NAZARETH (FCMN) to the Salesian Family of Don Bosco.
This Fraternity, with its witness of contemplative spiritual life and its educational, pastoral and social welfare activity carried out in the Salesian style, makes a valid and original contribution to the Salesian Family, enriching it with its own charism of contemplatives in action, in the spirit of Don Bosco and in fidelity to the Founder..
Rome, 18 July 2016