Salesians of Don Bosco
WE SALESIANS OF DON BOSCO
- We live in communities that are actively engaged in the world of young people.
- We are members of the Church and work in harmony with his teachings.
- Prayer and obedience to the Spirit of God are the foundation of our service.
- We strive to make Don Bosco's dream a reality and to spread his style and charisma.
- We live our consecration to God through the three vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.
- The choice of the young translates into making our credibility deep as "signs and bearers of God's love" for each of them.
- Our preferential option is to work among the poor and abandoned youth of society.
- Being "signs and bearers of God's love to young people" is the road to our holiness - the path that each of us has chosen to take alongside the young.
- We are recognized in the Catholic Church as a clerical religious institute, of pontifical right, dedicated to apostolic works, from 1 March 1869.
- Don Bosco, inspired by the goodness and zeal of Saint Francis of Sales, gave us the name of Salesians.
- We are recognized as a legal entity with civil effects by the Italian State as "General Directorate of Don Bosco Works",
- Headquarters in Rome, Via Marsala 42,.
( C. 2, 4)