WE, THE SALESIANS OF DON BOSCO:
- Live in communities that are actively engaged in the world of young people.
- Are members of the Church and work in harmony with its teachings.
- Prayer and obedience to the Spirit of God are the foundation of our service.
- Strive to make Don Bosco's dream a reality and to spread his style and charism.
- Live our consecration to God through the three vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.
- The choice of the young translates into strengthening our credibility as "signs and bearers of God's love" for each of them.
- Our preferential option is to work among the poor and abandoned youth of society.
- Being “signs and bearers of God's love to young people” is our road to holiness - the path that each of us has chosen to take alongside the young.
- Have been recognised in the Catholic Church as a clerical religious institute of pontifical right, dedicated to apostolic works since 1 March 1869.
- Don Bosco, inspired by the goodness and zeal of Saint Francis de Sales, gave us the name ‘Salesians’.
- Are recognised as a legal entity with civil effect by the Italian State as “Direzione Generale delle Opere di Don Bosco”,
- The headquarters are at the Sede Centrale Salesiana Via Marsala 42, 00185 Rome
(C. 2, 4)